How operational and hydrological changes affect dam behavior. The Miel I reaction
Contenido de la obra
Contenido de la obra
- Autor: Jiménez García, Mauricio
- Título: How operational and hydrological changes affect dam behavior. The Miel I reaction
- Publicación original: 2013
- Descripción física: PDF
Miel I, a Roller Compact Concrete (RCC) dam located in Colombia, has operated for almost ten years and operational/commercial practices and hydrological behavior has been stable. However, during the last two years, Miel I has confront changes in these two aspects. Before these changes, Miel I spillway was used just in two occasions and during a short period of time. However, because these changes, the spillway was used during 30 days in 2010 and 47 days in 2011. Additionally, since August 2010, the reservoir has increased its tributaries due to the Guarino tunnel diverse project. All these aspects have changed the reservoir levels during all the year and especially during raining season and affected directly the dam behavior. Miel I has confront forces and solicitudes which was never exposed.
As a product of this, small fissures and changes in some instrumentation levels were observed during this time. It is clear that these changes have not compromised the dam safety although, it is also true that the Miel I dam for first time in ten years has been request to work against reservoir highest levels. The information, analysis and conclusions collected during these periods of time will allow the maintenance group to define, in advance, practices for this new condition and more important, will close the gap between the operational practices and the dam safety standards.
- Notas de reproducción original: Digitalización realizada por la Biblioteca Virtual del Banco de la República (Colombia)Notas:
- Norcasia (Caldas, Colombia)
- Resumen: Behavior; Comportamiento; Maintenance; Dams; Geotechnical; Geotecnia; Hidroeléctricas; Hidrología; Hydroelectrical plant; Hydrology; ICOLD; Instrumentación; Instrumentation; ISAGEN; Mantenimiento; Miel I; Operación; Operational; Presas; RCC; Reacción; Reacction
- © Derechos reservados del autor
- Forma/género: texto
- Idioma: inglés
- Institución origen: Biblioteca Virtual del Banco de la RepúblicaMaterias: